Monday, February 2, 2009

Valentines Day

Valentines Day is just around the corner. In anticipation for this romantic holiday, please enjoy this poem about bowling and true love.

Seltzer Sue
I started bowling Thursday evenings
With this gal named Seltzer Sue,
Gracious, what a big girl!
She could break a man in two

We talked a little and we laughed a lot,
As she jiggled in her clothes so tight,
And we fell in love between the pizza and burgers,
The spares and the strikes.

We went strong for fifteen years,
'til the day of the accident,
She slid down the gutter with a chocolate bar,
And no one's seen her since

Sometimes when the lanes are quiet
And the boys a drillin' holes in balls
I think of how much I loved that girl
Cellulite and all

Copyright; E.G. Harne

For more on this poem, please visit this site.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Daniel,
It's always nice to see one of my poems posted somewhere on the internet. I see you substituted "burgers" and "pizza" for my original words, but given the site, I understand. Glad you enjoyed it. EG Harne
email: harneeg@verizon.net